Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hannah Montana Inspired Card and Giftwrap

Last weekend was my niece's birthday party. She just turned six and is a Hannah Montana NUT!

We went bowling for her party. (Note the Hannah Montana shirt).



and had a Hannah Montana cupcake cake.



So it was only fitting that I made her a card and wrapping paper that were Hannah Montana inspired. Her bedroom is decorated in purple and sea foam blue with Hannah Montana cling stickers all over it. So this is the card I made for her using the Archiver's exclusive Rock Out clear stamps by Stampendous. (Now you know where my post about clear stamps came from last week).



I colored the guitar with my Copic Markers. And thought the "shred six" phrase was especially fun because it was her sixth birthday. Not that she'll get the guitar reference, but my husband did. The edges of the scalloped rectangle were highlighted with Crystal Stickles. Amazingly, the glitter in the Stickles picked up the mint coloring of the blue and seemed as though they were made to match.

I also stamped the guitar and the You Rock wording onto some blue wrapping paper I had in my stash, and wrapped it with a purple ribbon so that it matched the card.



My niece was very happy with the card and the wrapping. (She's actually one of my biggest fans, and gets very excited about the cards I make for her)

And now off to play!

No comments: