Thursday, November 5, 2009

Leafy Thanks


This is a card made using Cut N Dry foam, The Angel Company's retired Luscious Leaves stamp set and the Thank U set in the current catalogue. I demonstrated Cut N Dry Foam at the Tinley Park Rubber Stamp Expo in September, and made the background panels you see on this card during my demonstration. I completed the cards by adding the thanks panel and a bunch of leaves I made with leaf punches. This card was created in a matter of minutes.

If you're not familiar with Cut N Dry Foam, it is a piece of foam you can use to make your own personalized ink pad for a certain stamp. You stamp your image on the foam, and then use re-inkers to color the image on the foam in in the colors you want your stamp to turn out. Then you line your stamp up with your inked image on the foam and use that as your stamp pad. It's a great way to get multiple colors on a stamp without having to color it in with markers every time, and it's perfect for when you need to mass produce a bunch of the same card, like I did with this one that went out to everyone that visited me and signed up for my mailing list at the Expo, or for Christmas cards where you want the stamped image to have more than one color.

No comments: