Thursday, April 15, 2010

Elegant Wedding Card



This is the wedding card I made to go with the cream, black and silver towel cake for my co-worker.

This card uses Heather Scott's Monday sketch from a few Monday's ago. I had it all ready to go, but didn't want to post it until after the shower, because the bride is a blog follower and I didn't want to spoil the surprise. So here it is now.

The background is black cardstock covered with Pewter Perfect Pearls, and using the Angel Company's Victorian Elements stamps to remove the perfect pearls in spots revealing the black underneath. The image panel takes the champagne glasses from TAC's retired Wedding Wishes set, and the Contratulations from the Growing Love stamp set.

I colored the ribbons around the glasses with Silver Smooch, and filled the glasses with Illuminate Smooch. The silver ribbon is a scrap left over from decorating the cake.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

gorgeous!!! I am going to have to try that technique.