Sunday, November 9, 2008

Awesome Crop!

O.K., so I'm a little behind. We had our crop for a cause a week ago, and I'm just getting around to posting about it.

We had an AWESOME time! This crop was absolutely sooo much fun. 48 croppers attended to join in the festivities and have since responded with feedback that it was the best crop they'd ever been to. We had tables set up so that there were three people to a table, with extra chairs that could be used for friends to visit in, or to store stuff that you didn't want on the table with you.



We had awesome sponsors that provided products for goodie bags and prizes for the silent auctions.





I got a steal of a deal on the Fiskars Rock-Paper-Trimmer that has speakers and plays an mp3 player while you cut. I had my eye on it when it came in and bidded my little heart out to get it, since basically the only time I actually use my iPod is when I'm crafting.



I also picked up a good deal on some Copic markers and the Copic air brush system in our Swap Shop. Which made me a happy girl.

We also had games:



and contests:



We even had a massage therapist to give chair massages.

And in the end, we raised approximately $1,200 for Southwest Community Services. It was a great event, and I thank everyone that came out, supported it, and had a great time. I thank the sponsors that helped make it so that everyone when home with a prize. And I thank Pat and Dawnmarie for coming up with the idea and working their little butts off to make it happen. Dawnmarie was our comic MC and she did a great job entertaining the crowd.

We've been invited back to host another crop and are thinking some time in February sounds good. So if you missed this one, keep your ears peeled for the next. Hopefully we'll see you there!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Looks like a lot of fun ... Keep me posted on when the next one rolls around .. maybe I try to make it!