Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Awesome Trip to San Antonio!

Well I'm back from another awesome trip to San Antonio, Texas for the Angel Company's winter retreat. Several girls from the SASSY team I'm on made the trip, and we had a wonderful time, as always. Get a group of SASSYs together and you're bound to have fun.

The whole thing kicked off with the Club MED (Managers, Executives, Directors) dinner. We started with a huge piece of chocolate fudgy wudgy cake, because sometimes you just gotta break the rules. We also got big purple bling rings to wear all weekend.



The next day, we received a copy of the new magalogue. (Well, O.K., Club MED got a sneak preview, but we had to give it back). The Angel Company is returning to a yearly catalogue, which will be supplemented with a magalogue - combination magazine and catalogue. The magalogue has new stamp sets, embellishment ideas, samples on how to put a final polish on your creations, and even some technique tips. There are 44 new stamps in this magalogue, including new hostess sets. I think it serves a wide variety of tastes too. There are some cutesie stamps, collage stamps, elegant stamps, border stamps, retro stamps....something for everyone. I'm really excited about it. I've got a $300 wish list going for myself already.



We also had a couple of great speakers (my very own stamp-mom included) that shared with us their success stories, including how they manage their teams, and some of their party/class ideas.

We had some time to wander and enjoy the city too before going off to our own classes where we learned how to make some new projects.

Here are some of the general pictures I have from the trip:

On the bridge over the Riverwalk.



At the entrance to La Vallita, the craft market.



At the Scent-Chips factory and store.



Contemplating a Texas-sized sundae.



Then my camera ran out of batteries, and I brought the wrong charger. So I'll have to rely on the kindness of other angels to help me complete my scrapbook. But my SASSY sisters will come through. They always do :)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Love the pics!!!
SOunds like you had a GREAT time!!