Sunday, September 11, 2011

Flower Pattern Kindness Card

In my endeavors to clean up the desk by using scraps, I got side tracked. I still had the pad of Bo Bunny paper out that I used in the "Treasured Friends" posts from July. As I flipped through the pad, I saw this basically white pattern with little flowers that had been one of my favorites when I got the paper pack. I found that the perfect accents for it were black, and a light green paper that I'd never used before. This is my result. I love how the black pops the pattern right off the light green, making this one of my favorite cards in a while.



This card uses a Martha Stewart border punch on either side of the patterned paper panels. The sentiment comes from The Angel Company's Kindness stamp set. The flower was cut from Spellbindeers' Flower Creations Shapeabilities die, embossed and inked with Claret Palette ink and outlined with Crystal Stickles. The black swirl behind the flower is a partial image cut on the Cricuit using the Damask Decor cartridge.

No comments: