Monday, October 6, 2008

Gone and back again


This past weekend, I had an opportunity to travel to Akron, Ohio to attend Rita Kegg's annual Ohio Gathering, and spend time with some awesome stampers.

We made 27 projects ranging from simple shape-cards, to books made using the Bind-It-All, and lots of things in between. I learned some great folding techniques, and got refreshed on some I already knew, but applied as something different. We also played some games and participated in some contests and had a lot of good time laughing and gabbing with others.

I even saw a demonstration on stamping on photos that may have changed my purist attitudes about how the picture should be the sacred focal point of a page and shouldn't be altered with ink applied to it. We'll have to see how that goes. I'll have to start with baby steps, but I did take some pictures that I've earmarked just for stamping on. So check back to see if I've actually taken the plunge!

No comments: