Monday, March 9, 2009

Fall Pictures with Spring Color

I've been doing a bunch of stamping, but haven't been around my computer much. Here are some scrapbook pages I made a few weeks ago to take into The Art House for framing. The Art House wants to encourage their customers to frame memorable moments and display them, rather than keep them in a book, so they're going to hang these pages in their shop. We've also decided that I'm going to offer some scrapbooking classes in their store.

Both of the pages were products of one of my Stamp With Me nights. I even got some help from some of the attendees that evening. The first page was more or less my design, with a few collaborative revisions.



This second was mostly my Mom's creation, with a few ideas of mine. She did most of the layout, and I did all of the stamping.



Both pages use pictures of my adorable niece doing fall things...hunting for pumpkins and playing in the leaves. However, since she's a "pink" girl, it seemed better to match the pictures up with paper from the Lilly Anna collection. The pastels help your eye to concentrate on her, because they mimic the colors in her clothing, and the light colors brightened up the photos, whereas more traditional fall colors would have made the pictures appear darker. The one my mom did, also used a bunch of tags from that collection. In fact, all of the patterned pieces on that page are tags.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

love the look of these pages and the SPRING colors ... I can not wait until spring ... great way to use those tags ... Brilliant!!!

SASSY Stampin' said...

I love these Meri! You and your Mom did a great job!

Pat

Leah O'Donnell :) said...

Great pages! Congratulations on your Art House deal.