Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cleaning Up

I just got back from vacation in New York (hopefully some of the pictures I took there can be used on cards sometime in the future - but I guess that would mean that I have to PRINT them first).

Now that we're back, we're concentrating on getting our condo in order to put on the market and hopefully find a bigger house (with a REAL craft space)! We've been doing LOTS of downsizing and cleaning, and now I'm to my scrap area. Even though it was originally rather small, trying to fit ALL the paper, ribbon, supplies and tools that I just can't part with into a much smaller covered space is going to be a challenge. Of course, some of it can go to the off-site storage unit, but who wants their creative freedom hampered by a trip to the storage unit to try and find exactly what you're thinking of at the moment? That's almost as bad as having to go to the store (which is actually closer) and buying something new.

One of up-sides for you is that in order to make some room, I've been scanning card samples that I created in the past so that I can put them up for sale and still use them for inspiration in the future, and this is a great place to share them and find them easily.

Another is that I have this grand plan to actually finish some of the projects that got started and then put in project envelopes to await completion when I had some free time. Clearly there hasn't been much free time since I've got a stack of unfinished projects, and who knows how much free time we're likely to have when we're busy selling and looking for houses. But hope springs eternal, and we'll just see how many projects get completed and shared.

In the interim, this butterfly card is one that I did from one of the first sketch challenges I ever took part in.



All the supplies on this one came from The Angel Company, and rather amazingly, since the card is several years old, all of them are still in the catalogue. The paper is from the Juliette paper collection and matching cardstock, and the images are from Butterfly Swirls.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

nice card Meri! Love the colors!