Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hit The Beach ATC

Last weekend, I spent some time in Ohio at a stamp gathering. I had a wonderful time, and I can honestly say it was one of the best I've been to. All of the projects were amazing without being too complicated and yet utilizing various techniques. I have many plans to use those techniques in future designs.

One of the things we were requested to bring were ATCs to trade with the other stampers attending. It was supposed to be an ATC and not a card front. The reason it was supposed to be an ATC was because we had a project called create-a-card. We made a divided holder where we placed plain white A4 cards with various textures in one of the divided sections, all the ATCs we traded in another and then panels of sentiments in a third. The idea is that you keep this little kit around and when you need a card in a crunch, you can put one of the ATCs on the textured white card and add the appropriate saying in a flash. It's a great idea that I will probably get a lot of use out of, since I spend much of my time making the card I need at the last minute because the cards that have been completed are either at work to sell to co-workers who find themselves in the same sort of situation, or at the shop that sells my cards. It's amazing that I spend so much time making last minute cards when I make so many all year long.

Here is the ATC I created to trade. It's made with The Angel Company's Hit the Beach stamp set. The side squares are textured with the Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug embossing folder and Sea Scape Impressabilities plate. The image is colored with Copic Markers Y08, Y11, Y21,YR04, BG49, B21 and C1.

No comments: