Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blast From The Past Blog Hop




I'm kind of excited. This is my very first official Blog Hop - The Taylored Expressions' Blast From The Past Blog Hop. Our challenge was to pull out any Taylored Expressions stamp set that was released prior to March, 2010. I LOOOOOVED this Berries and Cherries set from the minute I saw it and figured it would be the perfect stamp for a summer hop.

This is the card I made using this set when I was helping to man a booth at a crop. We were demonstrating Copic markers and I spent a good part of the afternoon working on the shading of the strawberries to show some of the girls what could be done with Copics. Unfortunately I got all the way to the end and the C1 I was using bled out a big grey spot at the corner of the strawberry basket when I went to add the shadow, so I had to do some quick thinking to save it. I ended up cutting the image out with my Labels 1 Nestabilities die and masking off the strawberries so I could spray some Tattered Angels mist around the edge. Since I was working while I was "working" I wasn't thinking to write down things like the paper collection or the Copic colors I used, so I can't give any credits for anything but the stamps.



Here is a close-up of the strawberries:



To see the ideas other hop participants came up with, click on the link below.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Meri! Your strawberries looks so yummy!!

Tracy said...

Fabulous Meri!!! Your coloring is great!!

Shelly C said...

I SO LOVE strawberries! Your coloring is perfection!

Karen Motz said...

What a delicious basket of berries! Your colouring rocks!!

Taylor said...

Very pretty, Meri! I could totally go for a yummy basket of strawberries like that! YUM!

Thanks for joining in the blog hop today!

Lori said...

So pretty! You colored those berries beautifully.

Libby Hickson said...

So cute! That's one of my favorite sets too, so yummy!

Carolina said...

Such a darlin' card and love how you colored the strawberries...just delicious!

TannyP said...

What a beautiful basket o' berries. Fantastic coloring and such a great 'fix' =)

Kerry Johnson said...

Super cute!! Those berries look amazing!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is adorable!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Those look good enough to pluck right out of that basket! Cute card!