Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Slightly Offensive Hedgehogs

As I said in some prior posts, I didn't go to seminar this year, but I did get a chance to have some of that seminar fun when I visited my friend Chelsea in Rockford at the beginning of August. My husband's band, Slightly Offensive, was playing a private party in Rockford, and I contacted Chelsea and asked if she'd be free to stamp that day. She invited me over to her house and showed me all the projects and stamp sets that the attendees to seminar got this year, and shared some of the fun stories as well. One was about a discussion of the hedgehogs in TAC's Oh Happy Day stamp set from Page 54 of the catalogue. Someone pointed out that the leaf of the flower the male hedgehog is giving the female hedgehog was drawn in such a way that you would have to be sure to color it green, otherwise it might look like a hedgehog appendage. Barb Foster then dared Chelsea to create some cards using the hedgehogs and not coloring the leaf green (if you know what I mean). The result was a blog post from Chelsea that put me in a fit of giggles. I can't believe I missed it when it was posted originally. Chelsea and I had so much fun laughing over that post that I was inspired to create a few risque hedgehogs of my own. I colored them at Chelsea's and then brought them home to make cards with. Mine can't hold a candle to hers, but they were still lots of fun to make.

Growing Love



This card I titled while I was still at Chelsea's. The hedgehogs are colored with Copic markers. He is V-12, V-15 & V-17, and she is V-06 and V-09. The glowing background is Y00. The flower is also colored with V-09 to match. The image panel is cut with Nestabilities Small Labels and the shadow is from Large Labels. I embossed flowers into the purple panel at the bottom and highlighted with Crystal Stickles. The sentiment is printed on the computer.


I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way



This pair is colored with Copic colors E71 and 74 for him, and E43 and 44 for her. Her cheeks and bow are colored with RV32 and the flowers are colored with Y38. The background and tag are from the Woodrowe Keepsake Album Kit. I cut the hedgehogs with the Labels 2 Nestabilities, and typed up the saying on the computer. The question mark is from The Angel Company's Simple-Bet and is gone over in Cinnamon Stickles, which I also used to accent the rest of the card.

P.S. My husband informed me that he named the hedgehog "Woody".

No comments: