Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Angel Company's Savvy Projects Blog

Have you seen TAC's Savvy Projects Blog? It's new! On Leap Day, Mischelle Smith (the founder of The Angel Company) started this blog of quick projects. Supply lists and step by step instructions, with pictures for each step are given for each project, and new projects are added on a regular basis. I thought this blog was a great idea. It's the perfect place to find something new and different.

Yesterday my good friend Leah called to ask if I'd seen the blog. I thought she meant did I know it existed; but that's not why she called. Recently I was asked to prepare samples that will be shown on the TAC website for the April Stamp of the Month (SOTM). The set for April is really cute and once I sat down and played, I was able to come up with quite a few different ideas. One of them was a thought I had for making mini matchbook cards (you can get 6 from a 12 x 12 sheet of paper). I used the SOTM to make 6 mini matchbook cards and sent them in along with some other more traditional samples. Well, Mischelle saw the matchbook cards and believed that the idea was a perfect match (no pun intended) for the project she had been wanting to post. So there's a sneak preview of two of my SOTM matchbook cards, along with Mischelle's twist on my idea on the March 9th "Tutti Frutti 'You've Got Mail' Door Hanger" post.

If you'd like to check out the matchbook cards, see the awesome interactive door hanger that Mischelle paired them up with, or learn how to make either of these items, check out the Savvy Projects Blog at

http://theangelcompany.typepad.com/tac_savvy_projects_for_de/

And remember to check out The Angel Company's Stamp of the Month link in April to see samples that were made by all Tinley Park angels: me, Leah and my up-line, Pat.

No comments: