Saturday, March 22, 2008

Why I Work....(a little card)

Many years ago, I was in a Hallmark Store looking at cards. I found one that I loved, because it made me laugh. I had nobody to give the card to, but it cracked me up, so I bought it and kept it in my drawer at work so that I would see it occasionally and smile. It was the wording on the card that did me in, but I never was able to figure out what I would use it for. I mean, what is the occasion that would cause you give someone a card that said: Front: "Why I work....A short essay" and Inside: "I like food"? Still, it was always a pick-me-up on the days I came across it in my drawer (as well as a reminder, on those days you just feel like quitting your job).

Recently I was able to figure out a use for the wording on the card. I have a friend that broke her ankle and had been out for surgery and gone from work for several weeks. When she finally came back to work, I gave her this card made from our seminar set from last year and our Uptown Girl paper. The font is Lucida Handwriting:



and the inside:



Now she keeps it on her desk to make her smile. Hopefully it made you smile too.

No comments: