Saturday, August 9, 2008

Penelope Pretties-up Poo Crew

I'm finished making all the cards for my Angelee board for the upcoming St. Charles Scrapbook Expo. There are several, some of which you've already seen here, but there have to be some surprises for those of you that are coming to visit the booth, so I won't post the rest until later.

However, when I went to make my scrapbook pages, I couldn't find any pictures that would go well with the paper I was working with. So my friend Dawnmarie said she would make me a deal. She would make the two pages for my Angelee board if I would make the two pages for her Penelope board. Penelope is a wonderful jewel tone paper collection that is perfect for showcasing fall pictures. I have lots of fall pictures, so I snapped up that deal in a second.

One of the pictures I have is of my friend Jennie and her family volunteering for "poo crew" for the Thanksgiving Day Parade last year. They've been volunteering for several years trying to work their way up to being balloon-wranglers. This picture was taken by the local newspaper and posted on their website.

I thought this layout was fitting because Dawnmarie challenged our stamp team with this sketch that was posted on Split Coast Stampers. What better way to meet a challenge than to make something for the person that issued it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this layout and fully intend to scraplift! Thank you so much for sharing. I have you on my blog list & intend to keep you there!

--Gracie at everythingcricut.blogspot.com