Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spooktacular Cupcake Challenge

Well, take a deep breath....this is the first weekend that is basically free, smack in the middle of 8 busy ones. So I took advantage of the time to play today, before the next wave of weekends out of town breaks.

Earlier this week I had actually stamped and colored some images from TAC's Spooktacular stamp set that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I made this card first with one of the images, teamed up with the Cuttlebug Spiderwebs folder that I got last weekend and some torn pieces of orange paper.



I still had a few other colored images left over, so I decided to use one for Taylor's weekly Cupcake Challenge. Still needing to play with my new Cuttlebug folders, I decided to use both Spiderwebs and Pumpkin Harvest on this one. I added them as textures to the background too.



This was before I went for my dentist appointment this morning. And when I came home, I got a wonderful surprise in the mail....the Trick or Sweet stamps I purchased from Taylored Expressions on Wednesday night arrived. So of course I had to break them out and ink them up too. Here's the card I made for the cupcake challenge using the Pirate Cupcake from Trick or Sweet, the skull and crossbones from The Angel Company's Playful Pirates set for the Jolly Roger and the Cuttlebug's Skeleton Scroll embossing plate. Drum roll please - this is the first time I've been able to use a cupcake stamp for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge since I started following it.



I thought it would be fun to give the card some extra dimension by curling the Jolly Roger up so it looked more like a real flag and stuck off the card a bit. You can see the detail of the dimension with this picture.



All of these cards were a lot of fun to make. I really enjoyed my day of play.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Super cute Halloween cards -- Just adorable! :)

Catherine said...

all 3 cards are just adorable and love your CB folders =)