Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stamping Withdrawals!

While I had a good time with my husband at Kohler, I did have a small period of time where I went through some stamping withdrawal (which was quickly overcome by an infusion of chocolate and caramel!)

However, as soon as I got home, Tom needed to run an errand, and I got to make one card while I moved clothes from the washer to the dryer.

Here is the card I made at a co-worker's request for a wedding she is attending soon. She likes cards that have movement of some type to them, so I decided to make a shaker card. I used a 12 x 5 1/2 piece of paper and scored it every 4 inches. I embossed the middle panel (that would end up being the front of the card) with the Love Language Cuttlebug embossing template. I punched a hole out with my scalloped square and stamped some doves from The Angel Company's retired Wedding Wishes set on acetate. I colored the doves with Souffle pens and filled the shaker section with wedding confetti that I picked up in Target's dollar spot last year. I ran a ribbon around the card and tied a heart shaped tag with "It's Your Day" stamped on it into the ribbon. Then I folded the left panel (with a piece of paper that matched the ribbon adhered to it) behind the center to cover the ribbon and foam for the shaker part of the card. I added some Stickles to the wings of the Doves to give them a little sparkle.

I'm hoping my co-worker will like it.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love the look of this card and how you did the shaker part behind ... I'm sure your friend loved it!