Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another Towel Cake

Here is the second cake I made for my co-worker's bridal shower last weekend.

This one is basically the same as the one posted Saturday, but it uses two bath sheets and two bath towels. Note to self....while bath sheets seem much larger when you look at them or when you use them after taking a shower, they're really not all that much bigger than the bath towels when you roll them up. In fact, both layers were the same size. To help the bottom layer look bigger, I ended up rolling a measuring cup set in the center and wound the bath sheets around it, and even then, the bottom layer is still not much bigger than the top layer. Something to keep in mind if you decide to do this yourself.

Other than that, the cake came together in exactly the same manner as the one I posted on Saturday, including using spatulas and wooden spoons to poke through both layers and help hold the cake together.

Since the towels the bride chose were cream, I was able to incorporate her black, white and silver wedding colors into my decorating, and went for a big bow on top accented with flowers.

There is also a matching card that I will post on Thursday.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

this is gorgeous ... love that you matched her wedding colors.