Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Little Bubbly

On the train on the way home the other day, I was talking to one of the girls from my Create-A-Bunch at Lunch class. She was talking about how a friend of hers was doing a church retreat, and about how she was supposed to write a "note of encouragement" for her to read while she was there. We got to talking about how nice it is to receive a random uplifting note. Then we were saying, wouldn't it be nice if we sent some of the cards we made during lunch to each other just as a pick-me-up, to tell the others in the group "you rock!".

Almost the next day, one of the other girls from our lunch club was talking about how she thought she was going to finish this huge project that really had her stretched to her limit, and about how she was so ready to go home and get drunk when it was all done. So I made her this card to congratulate her on completing her project and to say I recognized how hard she worked on it, and could sympathize, having just finished a few of those types of projects myself recently.



This card uses stamps I got in a stamp store in Wichita, Kansas. I remember loving the champagne bottle as soon as I saw it, but it's managed to sit in my stash unused until now. The bottle is colored with Copic markers. The bottle is G24, G28 and G29, the label is E40 and E41 and the top is E51, E53 and E55. The background is stamped in Charcoal Palette ink, and then stippled with the very fittingly titled, Champagne Encore ink.