Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hershey Nugget Gift Boxes

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Last weekend I went with Pat G., Pat C. (both angels) and my husband, to visit Rita K. (also an angel) at her home in Ohio. We had a wonderful time visiting, talking, shopping and learning. We also helped Rita set up for an Expo she was working.

Rita is super talented, and I learned so much from her over the weekend. Rita is currently one of the designers for the Scor-Pal website, and she gave us all an impromptu class on the Scor-Pal. I don't have one yet, but you can bet I will get myself a half-price Scor-Pal when I place my next T.A.C. order. Once I have my own Scor-Pal, you'll probably see a bunch of posts of cards I made using it. But if you don't want to wait that long, check out Rita's blog (http://ritasangels.blogspot.com/), or the Scor-Pal website to see Rita's work and get some great ideas.

One of the the other ideas I got from Rita, was for this little Hershey Nugget Gift Box that she made for the Expo.

Here's the one I made based on what I learned from Rita:



It's such a nice little gift to give someone, and it's really very easy, AND...it uses paper scraps. I love it when I find ways to use my scraps! Here's what I used to make mine:

  • GWP box (If you're not familiar with The Angel Company, you get a FREE Gift With Purchase stamp (GWP) for every $30 in product you purchase if you place your order through a demonstrator [me]. Use the box this free stamp comes in to hold your decorated Hershey Nuggets)

  • 4 Hershey Nuggets

  • 4 pieces of coordinating scrap paper 1 inch x 3 1/2 inches (can be all the same, or can be four different patterns/colors). I used paper from our Gentile Beginnings paper collection

  • 5 small flowers made using a small flower punch on solid paper that coordinates with your scraps

  • 1 medium flower made using a medium flower punch on a scrap of paper different from your small flowers

  • Adhesive

  • Stickles

  • Ribbon

  • "For You" phrase from The Angel Company's Tag Tidbits Stamp Set

  • Noir Palette brand Ink Pad

And here's how you do it:

  • Wrap each Hershey Nugget with a piece of your 1 inch x 3 1/2 inch paper and adhere ends of paper with adhesive

  • Place a dot of Stickles in the center of FOUR of the flower and set aside to dry

  • Stamp "for you" on the top of the fifth small flower with Noir ink

  • Adhere the "for you" flower to the center of the medium punched flower

  • Use your finger to curl the edges of the medium flower up a bit to give the petals dimension

  • Adhere medium punched flower to top of GWP box

  • When Stickles on the remaining small flowers are dry, adhere one to the top of each of the wrapped Hershey Nuggets

  • Place Hershey Nuggets in GWP box

  • Close GWP box and use the ribbon to tie a bow to the top of the GWP box where the hanging hole is

Voila - Done

No comments: