Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spring Showers

April showers bring May flowers? Maybe. But I'm looking at a different kind of shower this spring. I've got friends getting married, and friends having babies, and showers all over the place. Thankfully they bring celebration and fun, not rain.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a baby shower for one of my husband's relatives. I was originally going to give her this card that I made using The Angel Company's How Swell stamp set as the focal point and Fanciful Flowers as the background.

I used Aquacolor Crayons and the direct to stamp technique on the flowers that I demonstrated at my April Watercolor class, and colored the image by picking up color from the crayons with my waterbrush and painting.

I'm not going to give this card at the shower though, because the mother-to-be is having twins, and my husband pulled the Double Trouble card from my previous post out of my project stack and said he liked that one for this particular shower better. (and, ladies, I know we don't like to admit it, but he's right). So the twins it will be, and I'll get to save this card for some other spring shower.

No comments: