Friday, April 4, 2008

Taylor Vanbruggen Blog Challenge

Tonight was "come stamp with me night". Once a month, I plan a Friday evening for stamping, and invite all of my customers and friends to visit and stamp as well. One of the things I worked on tonight was a challenge posted on Taylor VanBruggen's blog. I visit Taylor's blog frequently and sometimes pick up some neat tricks or ideas. Today, Taylor posted a sketch and challenged readers to create their own card from that sketch.

Here is the original sketch Taylor posted.

And here is the card I made using the "Girlie Gadgets" and retired "Retail Therapy" stamp sets from The Angel Company. The images are colored with watercolor pencils and highlighted with Crystal Stickles (which don't show up on the scan all that well).

I chose the Girlie Gadgets and Retail Therapy stamp sets because Taylor's prior post about her shoe purchases got me thinking about stimulating the economy too :). So I shopped in spirit.

You can check out Taylor's card from her sketch on her blog by clicking on the link to the right. It's the "Taylored Expressions" link at the bottom of the "Other Blogs I Visit For Inspiration" section.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Fun!!! Retail therapy is amazing. ;-) Great card!

Taylor said...

So cute! I love your shopping themed card! Thanks for playing my sketch challenge!

Richelle said...

OHhhh....very cute...love how you did the image on the back blocks..
Richelle