Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I always feel like....cupcakes are WAT-CH-ing me!

Today was a special kind of day, even though there was no stamping involved.

For my "goals" at work (that determine if I will get a raise or a bonus) I had to give a presentation on Excel. Any Angels out there will know that I LOVE Excel, even though most people find it difficult, but since I'm a secretary and not a "trainer" it was a little nerve wracking to put together something that taught enough skills and felt like something usable. I came up with a chart that tracked our vacation time, that all the class participants got to do along with me. Nothing too fancy, just something that added the time accrued during the pay period and subtracted any time that you entered as having taken. Since this was my first time teaching something like this, I made a few mistakes. After about the third one I said something like "well, I guess no cupcake for me, making all these mistakes" and explained that I had planned to treat myself with a cupcake if the class went off without a hitch.

After I was done with the class, I went back to my desk to do my regular work and about 45 minutes later one of the girls from the class tracked me down and brought me a surprise. Not quite a cupcake, but the closest thing she was able to find. Isn't it the cutest thing? And it came with a note that said - It's not a cupcake, but you did good!!! I almost cried.





Now I have to go workout.

No comments: