Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mother's Day Flowers

This is the card I created for my Create-A-Bunch Club to make for Mother's Day. My sample also used the Rock 'N Roll technique, but because we were running short on time, they didn't bother re-inking the edges with darker colors. My inspiration for this card came from a t-shirt I saw at Kohl's.



All stamped supplies on this card are made with products from The Angel Company and all ink is Versa Magic. The lightest layer of the card background is the Damask Backgrounder stamp using Wheat ink with Sage as the edging; the second background layer uses Script Background inked with Perfect Plumeria ink; the greenery below the flowers is from the Be of Good retired hostess set, stamped in Hint of Pesto and the flowers are from the retired Fanciful Flowers set inked with Maulted Mauve with the edges rolled in Perfect Plumeria. The Happy Mother's Day sentiment is from the Trendy Greetings stamp set and is inked in Hint of Pesto.

I think this card has the most stamping layers of any card I've ever done, and is the closest I'll get to collage, since I usually don't pull collage off very well.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous! Lovely!