Friday, June 10, 2011

We all Punch? for Ice Cream!

Last month, I went to Rita Kegg's awesome Angelic Impressions gathering. Rita created all kinds of projects for us to do, from simple and quick cards, to things that took a little more time, but were still easy enough. We spent two creative days at beautiful Punderson Manor in Ohio, and this was the first time I've ever attended any gathering where I finished all the projects before I left!

Before the gathering, I told Rita that I would do a demonstration on punch art. I created a display board of several ideas, and then demonstrated three things. One of the things I demonstrated was an ice cream sundae in a bowl. I made an ATC card to be traded that was blank, and after the demonstration, everyone made their own ice cream to put on it, and Rita incorporated the ATC into one of the cards we made.

But even before that, I created this card that my Create-A-Bunch-At-Lunch class made.



Here are the pieces you need to punch out to make the ice cream sundae: a 1 1/2 inch circle with a crescent punched out of it by the same punch for the bowl, 2 pink 5/8 inch circles, 2 white 5/8 inch circles, 1 light brown 5/8 inch circle and 1 dark brown 5/8 inch circle. The toppings are made by putting three of the 5/8 inch circles a little more than half way into a scalloped square punch and punching. Chirstmas Red Stickles were used to make the cherries.



The circle surrounding the sundae is a Nestability die, the background is embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, and the sentiment is from Taylored Expressions, stamped in Noir Palette ink.

This is the card Rita created for the gathering made from my ATC trading card.



Check back later for more punch art ideas from my display board.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

So cute. What a great idea!