Sunday, August 7, 2011

3D Lilly

It's been a busy week, so no posts, but here's something to make the wait worth while. A co-worker has had a 3D Lily card on her bulletin board for a long time, and every time I saw it, I thought, I should figure out how to do it. I finally asked her if I could borrow it, and brought it home to play with. 4 hours later, I came up with a reasonable likeness. Nothing as commercial as hers was, but still pretty cool.








The flowers and leaves are cut from the Cricuit. The leaves are from Walk in My Garden and welded together on the Gypsy. I don't remember if I picked a flower from Walk in My Garden or another cartridge. I spent a lot of time looking for the one that would work best. The flower is stippled with Sunflower and Iris Palette ink, and the leaves are Water Lilly Green. There are three flowers, one folded in half and two that are folded more and taped so they spring open when the leaves are pulled. The funny thing about it is that although it's basically the same fold, every flower ended up different, so it wasn't something I could duplicate over and over (which is part of the reason why the CBL won't be making this card).

Overall, it's still a really neat card, and I have a friend that has a penchant for cards that fold or have moving parts, so I gave it to her for her birthday.

No comments: