Sunday, May 18, 2008

Doodle Tag Thank you


Recently my husband decided to overhaul his musical equipment. Let me tell you, it's been like a child's Christmas every day for the past few weeks. I've been waking up to, "It's so exciting! [Some component or another] might be arriving today!" Our stay-at-home neighbors have graciously been accepting the deliveries for him while we've been at work. To thank them for being available to take in numerous packages over the span of several days, my husband bought them flowers and I made this little thank you tag to go with them.

The tags are Lasting Impressions Doodle Tags that have been hiding in my craft closet for a while. The stamps are The Angel Company's Fanciful Flowers (one of my staples) and Write It. I inked the flower using Pearlescent Yellow Brilliance ink, and then tapped Pearlescent Orange Brilliance ink around the edges. This is a technique that works best with the Dew Drop ink pads. You can really be precise about where you want the edging color to go. I don't have the Dew Drop pads because I generally prefer full pads, but if I start using this technique more often, I might have to invest in the Dew Drop pads as well. The leaves are Pearlescent Thyme Brilliance ink using the leaves from the Write It set. The "Thank You" is one of the Gift With Purchase stamps you can get free if you place a $30 order with a demonstrator from The Angel Company and will retire at the end of June.

This tag took a minimal amount of time to complete, but has great impact. Especially if you see the pearlescent ink in direct sunlight. It really sparkles!

No comments: