Saturday, May 24, 2008

Same Card, Two Looks

One of my stamp sisters is getting married today, so I made her a card. I've made the card before in black and white for one of the company's contests and really loved the elegant look of it. But her colors are hot pink and orange, so I decided I'd make the card using her colors in celebration. The pink and orange give the card such a different fun look, so I thought I'd post both to really emphasize how different a card can look when you change the color scheme.





Both cards are made using patterned paper from The Angel Company's Designer Collection paper packs. The black and white came from the retired Metropolis collection, and the pink and orange came from the current Brighten My Day collection. The stamp sets are Blissfully Ever After and one of my old favorites, Express Yourself. The rings are colored with a gold paint pen, and the diamond is accented with Crystal Stickles.

Next time you're in a slump, try making an old card with a new color palette. Give "something old" a new twist.

No comments: