Saturday, May 31, 2008

Grand Birthday Cupcake Challenge

I actually found a cupcake in my collection to use on one of Taylor's Cupcake Challenges! I also needed to make a birthday card for a party I'm attending today, so I used the sketch challenge to make what I needed. However, in order to use the stamp I wanted, I needed to turn the sketch around. Here's the actual sketch.



This is the card I made using The Angel Company's Miss Moxie paper collection, the Happy Celebration stamp set and the retired Grand Birthday set. I also used my Copic markers for the first time to color the images. I highlighted part of each image with Prisma Glitter by using an ultra fine tip on my Designer Dries Clear Glue. I've used the ultra fine tip when I've been making t-shirts with glitter before, but this was the first time I used it on a card. I usually opt for Stickles, but this design needed something more delicate. The ultra fine tip and glue was just the ticket.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi Meri,
this is an awesome card, I love that paper and the stamp is so cool. You did a great job.
Dawn