Saturday, June 28, 2008

Catalogue Kick-Off Party Projects

Today was my Inspiration Book/Catalogue Kick-Off party for the new TAC catalogue. This year, since I made it to the Club MED lunch, I decided to have my own special invitation "velvet rope catalogue brunch" for my top ten customers to thank them for helping me achieve my goals. The brunch was held before the open house started and we had a nice meal and the guests got to see the catalogue, the new paper kits, and do all the make and take projects first. They each got a tote bag and a free catalogue and a little goodie bag too. Not all of the invitees could attend due to prior commitments, but those that came had a great time! In fact, it was so nice that I'm planning to offer it to my top ten customers every year.

Here is a picture of the tote bag with goodies that each attendee received.



Everyone that came to the party got to create the following make and takes as well. The first was an 8 x 8 scrapbook page made with Cobalt paper from Pg. 113 of the catalogue, brown accent paper, Amberly Grace scraps and ribbon, Burnt Umber Palette Ink, the Curls and Swirls, Sweet Goodies and Linear Sentiments stamp sets and the Scor Pal. The scalloped circles were created with the Giga and Mega Scalloped Punches. I put a picture from San Antonio in my sample to show it off.



Attendees also made this super quick and easy card using a Kaleidacolor Spectrum Ink Pad and Claret Palette Ink Pad and the new Linear Sentiments and Celebration Invitation stamp sets set off with the Mega Scalloped punch, the Silver Shadow Metallic pens and Pop Dots.



The last project was a gift card/business card holder using a 3 1/2 x 8 inch piece of Gentle Beginnings paper, scored at the 1/2" and 3" marks on the Scor Pal, cut and folded. A circle punch was used to make the notch on the front and the holder was decorated with a white flower with a small circle stamped with a saying from Tag Tidbits in Noir Palette ink.



Each of these projects took less than ten minutes to make and were a big hit. They were easy enough for beginners, but showed off several tools and how they worked. Hopefully they'll give you some ideas and inspire you to get out your stamps and create!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Meri,
thanks for sharing your ideas, these are great super ideas. I may have to borrow them. I am hoping I have a good lead coming soon and these would be great ideas.
Glad to read that you had a great time.
Thanks
Dawn Dooley

Heather said...

Way to go Meri! I love the gift pocket!

Dawnmarie said...

Those are some AWESOME ideas!!!! I gotta get my butt in gear!!