Monday, June 23, 2008

Pictures from Seminar


We are back from seminar. What an awesome trip! This was definitely my favorite seminar ever - and not just because I got to go to the Club MED luncheon or because I got to walk across the stage at the awards ceremony. This was just a super great, relaxing and most of all FUN time. I got to catch up with friends that I've made in the company and see only rarely. We had lots of time to socialize and talk to people and did some great projects and attended classes too. I got a sneak peak at the catalogue at the Club MED luncheon and received the Hostess Level D stamp set. Here's a picture of Lezli and Leah holding theirs up for me.



I got to participate in the Club MED prop swap, and the person that received the star book I made told me it was the best Club MED gift she'd ever gotten (and she's been in Club MED for several years now). And the gift I received, was from my very own friend, Leah! A beautifully decorated picture frame.

The new inspiration book/catalogue was officially released on my birthday. It's a great catalogue, and Leah and I were both honored to have cards and scrapbook pages in this one too! So far there has been no bigger thrill than seeing your samples in the catalogue at the sneak peak.

Because it was my 40th birthday, my super wonderful Mom,(real mother, not stamp mother), whom I love with all my heart, set it up so that lots and lots of friends from The Angel Company made me cards and helped me celebrate my birthday in a big way. It was so much fun, and really touching. Every time I turned around, someone was wishing me a great birthday. My friend Leah even made me a scrapbook of "40 reasons why I like Meri" :) It was cute, funny and so much fun to go through with reasons from "She wears a crown and pink sweatpants when she buys beer at a gas station" (and yes I really did that at last year's seminar) to "She is my angel goal buddy. We seem to follow the same path and reach the same milestones together, and that makes those accomplishments even more special. She is the best!" I think Leah's the best too, and I will cherish her present forever!



We had a great banquet where my stamp mom was on stage for just about every award you can think of, and several members of the team I'm on got to walk across the stage and announce their promotions and team names. Leah and I also got recognized for being in the catalogue. Here's a picture of Leah and I in front of the stage after announcing our names.



We even did some crazy stuff as a group, like participate in bling night and play in the waterfall fountain in front of the hotel.



We also went to a couple of great scrapbook stores in Wichita: Scrapbook Garden and Mrs. O'Leary's. Scrapbook Garden is a good sized store with lots of different product, and Mrs. O'Leary's was a small shop with an eclectic feel where they treated us exceptionally well. We even got to take pictures of samples they had in the store, which is so refreshing compared to many other places you go. If you're in Wichita, you should check both places out.

Overall, this was the best trip. Between stamping, shopping, partying and recognizing each other's accomplishments, we had the most awesome time. It is the perfect example of why I LOVE being an Angel.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your 40th birthday!!!

Glad to see that you had fun ... congrats on your TAC promotion and on being a catty designer!!!

-Chelsea

Dawnmarie said...

WooHoo!!! We had a Sassy time!!! I love you guys!!! Glad your 40th was awesome!!