Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cup Cake Challenge - Father's Day Card

Taylor's Cup Cake Challenges have become very addicting for me. If you haven't been following my blog, about two months ago, I started reading Taylor VanBruggen's Taylored Expressions blog. Every Friday she has what she calls a "Cup Cake Challenge" where she posts a card sketch and people participate by making a card using that sketch and posting it to their blogs. Then they leave Taylor a comment on her blog with a link to their entry.

Here's the Father's Day card I made using Taylor's sketch. It used The Angel Company's Just Like Dad paper and the Trendy Greetings Stamp set.



I had also seen some advice from another blogger that recommended that once you have a piece of paper out, you should use the whole thing so that you cut down on your scraps. It's a little more challenging, but it's also kind of nice. The paper is already out, and you can create something to store for later, instead of having to make it at the time you need it (which is the habbit I've fallen into recently). Plus, there are no scraps to store when you're finished. So, with that in mind, I also created some other Father's Day cards using the Just Like Dad paper and I'll be posting them later.

No comments: