Thursday, June 4, 2009

Father's Day Inkspiration

In April and May I was up to my elbows in preparing for and participating in the Milwaukee Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo. We had a wonderful time in the booth and met lots of very nice people.

One of the things that was different for me at this Expo was that I got to demonstrate. For our first time demonstrating in the booth, I chose to use one of my very favorite products, Perfect Pearls. Perfect Pearls are a resin-based mica powder and are extremely versitile. Before the show, I created a sample board of approximately 10 cards that used Perfect Pearls in different waya. Then, I spent the day showing other people how to use them, and I had a blast. Both days flew by.

One of the cards I made for the Expo was this Father's Day card using The Angel Company's Ship Collage stamp, and one of the Tim Holtz mini masks (the Compass) that came out at CHA in January. I mixed Perfect Pearls and reinkers in water, and lightly sprayed over the mask. This card has some wonderful shimmer to it in the background, that is accented by the bronze metallic paper.



This card is listed on my Shophandmade.com store.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous card Meri! Not too much longer to seminar ... hope to see you there!