Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Leaving for Seminar

Today I am getting ready to leave for The Angel Company's Seminar. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends, and sharing their awesome personalities, wisdom and talent. One of the things we do at Seminar is trade card fronts, scrapbook pages and what are considered "special trades" which are usually things like pins or other small projects. We trade with each other in general, and the Managers, Executives and Directors (Club MED) have a special luncheon where they trade different items with just each other. This one will be a little bitter sweet for me because The Angel Company's new compensation plan will be launched during the next catalogue year, and Mischelle announced that this will be the last Club MED luncheon.

My general trade is a variation on the Perfect Pearls Father's Day Ship Collage card I posted earlier in the month, so no need to post that again. My Club MED trade will be a variation on the card candy we have been giving hands-on tutorials on at the Expos this past year. Mine is the magnet I created for the show we just did in Milwaukee. I made them up in three different colors, using the True Beauty stamp set from Serendipity, inking the edges with sponges and coloring with Copic markers. The layers are embellished with various colors of Stickles and the pieces are stacked using foam tape.







Can't you just see these butterflies gracing your fridge? With just a few paper punches and scraps, they're super simple to make.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

OMG ... there better be one left for me :)

See you soon!