Monday, March 29, 2010

Think Spring Sketch Challenge Card



This is another card I made for the Taylored Expression's Blog, Card Sketch. I find that I do more and more things with sketches. They're a great way to take some of the stress out of coming up with a card. Since it almost always takes me at least an hour to come up with a card, sketches seem like a good start to me.

This card used left over pieces of paper from the Mother's Day card my Create a Bunch at Lunch girls are going to do next month. You'll have to tune back in around April 20th to see that one.

The patterned paper is Making Memories that I found available in single sheets at Jo-Ann fabrics. The stamp set is Want to Fly from The Angel Company's Serendipity magalogue, and the sentiment is from Tag Tidbits. I punched some butterflies out and some flowers and used them to give the vine some added dimension, and I gave the design a little more interest by going over some of the vines with a green colored pencil and/or the Sakura Clear Glitter Pen. I also used Crystal Stickles to brighten the centers of the flowers and butterflies.