Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When it rains it pours!

O.K., so the stamp isn't quite the Morton Salt girl, it's the Rainy Day set from Hanna Stamps. (I heard there was some rumor about Hanna Stamps being out of business, and I don't know whether it's true or not, but as of today, this set is available at Addicted To Rubber Stamps, which is where I purchased it originally.)

The layout came from Taylored Expressions' Friday's Cupcake Challenge. I love sketch challenges, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it in this card, but somehow it didn't turn out quite like I expected.

I'm thinking of using this as one of the cards for my Create A Bunch at Lunch group in April, but I haven't decided yet.



The image is colored with Copic Markers BG09, BG13, Y15 and RV19. The hair, skin and umbrella handle are Skin Tones pencils. The yellow DCWV paper is embossed with the Spots and Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, and the patterned paper is from the DCWV Holiday Collection - The Christmas Stack that I had leftover from the holidays. There are also some very faint blue rain drops on the image panel, but it looks like they didn't show up on the scan.

No comments: