Friday, July 24, 2009

Retired from Ratings Panel

Tom and I were on a broadcast ratings panel. We each wore a little device that recorded data about what t.v. shows we watched, or radio stations we listened to for two years; and the data got downloaded to one of the companies that compiles it and supplies it to those that make the ratings.

We loved being part of the panel. I'm one of those people that either finds something I love only to have it discontinued, or I'm right at the beginning of the trend of what everyone jumps on. Generally the former. I had been tired of having shows I liked get cancelled on me, and always wanted to be one of the "Nielson Families". Two years ago, when I was away at Seminar, we got called and asked to participate. We faithfully wore our little data collectors every day and downloaded the information in each night.

Yesterday we were informed that our two years was up and we had to send our little data collectors back :(

To thank the company that asked us to be on the panel, and let them know we enjoyed it, I made this little Thank You card and put it in the box with the collection devices.

Now my little meter has been sent back, and my hip feels lighter and emptier. I'm going to miss my little data collector, and making a difference.



This card was made with scraps of paper I had lying around and The Angel Company's More Elegant Sentiments stamp set and literally took less than 5 minutes to make.

No comments: