Thursday, September 9, 2010

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL???? - Card for a Cowboys (Tony Romo) Fan

Today kicks off the beginning of football season. Tom has been having withdrawals and is VERY excited about football starting up again. My friend Connie and I are looking forward to football too. We don't root for the same team, but that's what makes it even more fun. Connie is a BIG Tony Romo fan, so to kick off the season, I decided to make her a little pin.

I used the Star Nestabilities dies to cut stars in various sizes for the pin. I drew around one set with a White Gelly Pen just like in the logo. Then I laminated the pin by cutting a large star our of a heat-set laminating sheet and running it through my laminator. I put a pinback on it, and it's ready to go.

The card is made pretty much the same way. I started with a large piece of paper and scored it into three equal parts. For the front, I folded one piece over the other and cut a star out of both pieces, so you could see into the center of the inside of the card. Then I ran a piece of brown paper through the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder and cut two pieces into the shape of a football. I placed these two pieces back to back and adhered with a piece of fishing line in between them. Then I added some white paper to the ends and drew on the laces. The whole football is suspended in the middle of the star on the front cover with the fishing line (and if you twist the fishing line before closing the card, it will spin when the card opens, so it looks like a football thrown in a spiral (although in slow motion). Petty cool. The pin is stuck into the inside of the card (with a hole cut out so the pinback goes through the back and doesn't push the pin up into the space where the football is. The sentiment is done on the computer.









Check out the saying I put on the pin :) I'm sure that given the opportunity, Connie (and lots of other ladies out there) would gladly jump on Tony.

No comments: