Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweetie

Today is my husband's birthday and I made this card for him. I was even prepared, and made it well before we moved so I would be sure that it didn't get put off and become last minute. This card uses Taylored Expression's You're My Hero stamp set and my Stars Nestabilities. The paper is from The Angel Company's Cha Cha collection. I still can't believe that it's only $4.95 a pack.

The bottom panel was made using the Running Water Fiskar's border punch, and then I went in and punched small stars our in each scallop to match the theme. Even the Nestabilities stars are something special. They're popped up and three dimensional. I learned about making the stars pop from someone else's blog a while back ago when I was blog hopping, and hadn't had a chance to use it until this card, but I really like the effect.



No comments: