Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TE Blast From the Past Blog Hop - Watercolor Flowers

Blast from the Past Blog Hop


For the second time, I get a chance to participate in Taylored Expressions' Monthly Blast from the Past Blog Hop.

This is a card that my Create a Bunch group made during lunch in our July class (yes, I'm actually that far behind in posting). For this one, we used the Discover Your Wings stamp set. This is a very versatile set, filled with flowers, butterflies, dragonflies and sentiments. For our card, we used watercolor crayons as our only coloring medium (with the exception of black ink for the sentiment).

The background is made from scribbling on an acrylic block with yellow and orange watercolor crayons, spritzed with water and smeared on damp paper. Then we colored on the rubber stamp with the watercolor crayons and spritzed the stamp to activate the paint and stamped. For a finishing touch we added some Stardust Clear Gelly Pen (far and away the classes favorite embellishment tool) to the flowers and some punched butterflies.





To see what stamp sets other bloggers used, click on the links below:



Happy browsing.

17 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the sentiment...so sweet!

♥♥♥Lea

Taylor said...

What a fun technique to try with the Discover Your Wings stamps! Love it...I'm feeling inspired!

Cassie said...

Oooo, what a stunning effect, Meri :D

Lynn Put said...

Pretty card! I like the soft watercoloring and butterflies!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful watercoloring on this!

Punkydoodle Papers said...

I love this technique! The watercolor effect is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

So pretty with the soft watercolor look!! Great idea!

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a beautiful garden scene...you flowers look gorgeous and I just love the orange butterflies!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun colors on this card.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO beautiful! LOVe the soft watercolor effect!!

Ashley Newell said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors!

Regina Mangum said...

STUNNING! I love the technique you used. So beautiful.

Michelle Single said...

Love the watercolor! Wow!

FibreJunky said...

Very pretty!! Is there a tutorial for the watercolour technique you used on the background? I'm not sure I'm picturing it correctly.

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Very pretty card, thanks for the description of what you did--it sounds like a lot of fun!

Chris L.

Natalie said...

Very, very pretty card! Beautiful colors.

Melissa Sauls said...

WOWOW!! This is absolutely lovely!! I've never seen this image stamped with watercolor but I LOVE IT!! Absolutely perfect card!