Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sweet Peas

Here is one of the cards I made when I was visiting Chelsea last month. I did all of the coloring at her house, and then had one big bout of stamper's block when I brought it home to make into the actual card. Fortunately for me, the retirement card from my last post seemed to have cured the stamper's block and also provided me with the perfect background paper for the image.

The stamp is from Papertrey Ink that I picked up when I went to the CHA consumer show, and has made me somewhat of a convert. When I was talking to someone about acrylic stamps and how I have so much trouble with them, and much prefer rubber stamps that use the cling-mount system, she said that she felt the same way, and that Papertrey was one of the very few companies she felt made acrylic stamps that gave quality images when stamped. Now that I've tried them, I have to say I agree. So, while I am sure that I won't prefer acrylic stamps over all to real rubber, I have at least found a company that makes some acrylic stamps that make a good impression.

Now back to the card credits. The stamp is Papertrey's Year of Flowers: Sweat Peas set, colored with Copic markers: RV10, RV13, Y0000, Y11, YG11 & YG13. The green pattern behind the image panel is from DCWV's The Blossoms & Butterflies Stack that my friend Yuki gave me when she visited in July, and the background is the Core'dinations Garden Gate paper from the Whitewash collection. I added a little pink ribbon and some gems to the top and bottom to balance it out a bit.

2 comments:

Jen Carter said...

You did a fabulous job coloring this!! It is beautiful!

I was the exact same way as you when it came to acrylic stamps. Nothing that I had tried made a good impression and then I tried PTI. Now I am a true convert!! I LOVE their stamps (and Verve too)! They leave a wonderful impression and are high quality. I have a hard time stamping with rubber now (never thought I'd say that!) because I like to be able to see exactly where I am stamping now!

Chelsea said...

I love this card ... the coloring was fabulous ... and the finished product looks AWESOME!!!