Saturday, September 5, 2009

LOVE these Perfect Pearls!

I've always been a fan of Perfect Pearls. A few years ago, I took a class with Julia Andrus and learned all sorts of neat things you can do with them. I've been hooked ever since.

For the past few Expos, I've been demonstrating Perfect Pearls, and people say "I've had those in my drawer and have no idea how to use them". What??? That's so tragic! Perfect Pearls, mica powders that have built in binders and resins (not to be confused with Pearl Ex which are also mica powders but DON'T have the binders)are super versatile, and leave such a nice shimmer on cards. One of my favorite things to do with them is put a little scoop of Perfect Pearls in a Ranger Mini Mister, add a few drops of re-inker (usually used to re-ink my ink pads) and a bit of water. Then I spray the concoction on my paper, sometimes blocking out a portion of the card with a Tim Holtz Mini Mask like you saw in my "Father's Day Inkspiration" post a few months ago.

This time, I played with a Spellbinders Impressabilities template (the Flourish) that I picked up at the St. Charles Scrapbook show. I ran the paper and Flourish template through my Big Shot. Then I left the template on the paper, and sprayed my Perfect Pearls mixture over it. The lighter background on this card is the sprayed template. The bottom is from a pack of K & Company paper. My sentiment came from Stamping Sensations and the silver butterflies are from some punches I picked up when visiting my friend Rita in Ohio.



Next weekend, September 12th and 13th I will be demoing Perfect Pearls (among other things) at the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in Tinley Park. If you're in the area, come on out to the Tinley Park Expo Center on 183rd Street, just East of Harlem. You can shop, see my demo and create various make and take projects. Our make and take on Saturday will be web books, so you can remember your username and password on all the websites you visit, and Sunday we will be decorating candy tins. Look for previews of both the make and takes and cards using Perfect Pearls here during the week.

No comments: