Friday, September 11, 2009

Perfect Pearls With Gratitude

I really am digging these new Perfect Pearls. Here is another card I made using the new Pewter and the Impressabilities Flourish template. The background paper started out as a test, and originally I wasn't all that happy with it all by itself. I had another one that I liked better and saved it for this card, but when I used the one I originally liked, it lacked something that this background had - a darker edge that I brushed on after I misted the original sheet.



This time, I combined the Pewter background with cardstock from the Cha Cha and Amber Grace paper collections, along with ribbon from Amberly Grace and Eyelets from Cha Cha. Normally I wouldn't have thought about combining these two collections, as they are completely different in color and style, but in this case, the solids really went together with the red complimenting the charcoal perfectly.

The sentiment is from the Hostess Level C set Label Lingo lined with the R46 Copic marker.

Here's a close-up of the card:



The background on this really gives the illusion of texture, and has some nice shimmer. If you're in the Chicagoland area, come on out to the Tinley Park Expo tomorrow and/or Sunday and check it out in person.

No comments: