Thursday, November 19, 2009

Girls Rock Party Favors

Two things as follow-up to my post about the GTA Rocks! The first is that I was blown away when most of the people in the band said they couldn't open the bags and eat the rocks because they wanted to save the whole package. I even had someone tell me it was one of the best gifts he ever got. That's quite a statement from a bunch of hardcore hard rockers.

In addition, the rocks inspired a friend of mine and her step-daughter. They were in the process of planning a rock and roll themed birthday party. At the Stamp With Me night I had a few weeks ago, we talked about various party ideas and came up with the idea of purchasing a bunch of blow-up guitars and microphones from the party store and having the girls dress up and take pictures in rock gear with the props. They would get some pre-cut picture mats and the girls would decorate them with stamps, markers and glitter pens and then the photos would be added. It would count both as an activity and a party favor. This past weekend, they came over and went through all my music themed stamps and picked out the ones they wanted to use. Then they saw my post on Sunday with the GTA rocks bags and decided that they would make those as well using each girls name on the package "-----" rocks! All this positive feedback makes me feel like I rock too!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Well, Meri, I've ALWAYS thought that you rock!!!! :)

Lisa