Sunday, November 15, 2009

GTA Rocks!



My husband's band, Grand Theft Audio, a.k.a. GTA, is in the studio today recording their first demo CD. The whole band is excited and it's rubbing off! I made these little treat bags for everyone filled with chocolate rocks we found at The Southbend Chocolate Company. The toppers have the recording date and information on the back so they can be kept as souvenirs. I doubt that the guys will keep the souvenirs, but the singers might, and it just seemed like a fun idea in the spirit of their excitement.

To decorate the front of the toppers, I used The Angel Company's Kamalaht paper collection, which was retired, but is available for a limited time. This paper was from the Classic Soar With It Collections, that are very similar to Basic Grey. I stamped the background with T.A.C.'s retired Music Notes stamp and used the retired Distressed-bet set for the "rocks". The GTA is cut using the Graffiti Sizzix die.





If I've sparked your interest in Tom's band and you'd like to see information, you can go to his MySpace page. He's even got some videos that I took of their first gig posted (I had heels on and was crouching on the floor in front of them, so you'll have to ignore my shaky camera skills.)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

what a great idea to remember the BIG day!!!