Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thanksgiving card inspired by....??coffee??

Yep, you read right. This card was inspired by coffee. A friend and I go to Starbucks consistently to catch up on things with each other. On this visit, our Starbucks had it's fall coffee promotion. The bags are in fall colors and have a turkey on them, and the display is sort of the reverse. I thought swirls on the display turkey were really neat, so I came home and made this card.



In order to make the card, I had to create a turkey. I searched images on-line until I found one I liked, adjusted the size, and printed it out. I cut around it and used the cut-out as my template to cut my cardstock. Then I used The Angel Company's retired Fantasy Flourishes set to stamp one layer of flourishes in Raw Sienna Palette Ink and then a second layer in Burnt Sienna Palette Ink. I ran the background panel thorugh my Big Shot with the Flourishes Impressabilities plate and cut the brown paper behind the turkey with my Labels One Nestabilities. I added the Turquoise Stickles to pick up the blue in the ribbon and stamped the sentiment in Burnt Sienna with The Angel Company's Give Thanks stamp set from the Inspriation Avenue magalogue.

No comments: